As a part of our Cyber Apprentice Program, we have partnered with several area schools and teachers to teach high school and college students about cyber security. We’ve provided hands-on labs about hacking web applications and talked about how to start a career in this high demand and exciting professional field. This year, we've engaged students and teachers from area schools including:
- Johnson County Community College
- Metropolitan Community College
- Summit Technology Academy
- North Kansas City High School
- Blue Springs High School
- The Barstow School
- The Islamic School of Greater Kansas City.
- Shawnee Mission Center for Academic Achievement
- Shawnee Mission South High School
- Shawnee Mission Northwest High School
- Olathe South High School
- Spring Hill High School
- Teachers at a variety of schools through KC Stem Alliance’s Computer Science Teacher Mentor Day
On Tuesday, April 28th 2020, seven new interns began the SPS Cyber Apprenticeship program and joined our team for the next three months. Our diverse cohort of interns includes exceptional high schools students, college students, and professionals in the Kansas City area. We are looking forward to getting to know these students better and helping them realize their potential in this rewarding industry!